FEL XVIII, our next conference, is on the theme: Indigenous Languages: Value to the Community.
It takes place at Naha, on the Ryukyuan island of Okinawa, 17-20 September 2014.
For more details, including registration, see our FEL conference page and the Ryukyuan Heritage Language Society.
Our latest round of grants is now advertised on our Grants page.
Latest issue of Ogmios, the FEL newsletter
Web news and stories on Endangered Languages
AimsThe aims of the Foundation are:
- to raise awareness of endangered languages, both inside and outside the communities where they are spoken, through all channels and media
- to support the use of endangered languages in all contexts: at home, in education, in the media, and in social, cultural and economic life
- to monitor linguistic policies and practices, and to seek to influence the appropriate authorities where necessary
- to support the documentation of endangered languages, by offering financial assistance, training, or facilities for the publication of results
- to collect and make available information of use in the preservation of endangered languages; to disseminate information on all of the above activities as widely as possible